Despite my preoccupation with canals, I made a few non-related pieces in June and July. Both are improv based and on the small side.
The first is “Primary Directive,” which I showed before. It’s now quilted and faced.
Once I began sorting a long neglected bag of scraps culled at a workshop, I decided to go raw – raw edges that is. “Mining Copper” is the result. I layered fusible fleece onto muslin and sewed down strips and bits of fabric with machine decorative stitches. Then I sewed on some ribbons and mylar I had deformed with an iron and painted. Finally, I sewed and tied on zinc washers I had painted a while ago. The resulting color scheme led me to the name.
I’m linking up to Nina-Marie’s Off The Wall Friday.