“It’s the journey, not the destination” should be the caption for what I’ve been making over the past few months. I mentioned that I did some big stitch embroidery on fabric squares and was trying to unify them in one piece. Here’s the beginning.
After some attempts at refining this I realized I needed to make two pieces from the fabric bits I had selected.
I did more embroidery to extend the existing lines, couched on yarns and perle cotton, and applied my Inktense pencils before I quilted it. I found out the perle cotton was not colorfast. Not to worry, it became a design element. I stared at the piece for a few days trying to figure out what was bothering me. I decided the shapes on the right hand side were too large, and whacked off about 4 inches. You can see where I sliced above.