My last post featured a quilt that had too much going on. This post features one that seriously lacked quilting. Here’s a shot of the back right after I began adding more quilting. Talk about wide open spaces.
I laboriously worked out the number of blocks I needed and struggled with getting all those points to touch. The photo of the directions I developed proves that at one time I did plan stuff out. However, I guess I was tired of it when it came time to quilt it, or I didn’t understand the need for more quilting than I did.
Ten years later I pulled it out and went to work on it with my walking foot. I decided to trace the circles formed by the blocks and do what I could to stabilize the outer blocks. I would have done more quilting to emphasize the patterns formed by the blocks, but I was getting a lot of thread buildup where the quilting lines meet.
My husband was tickled to see a “geometric” (his word) quilt under my needle so I may try to hang this one after the painters are done.