2013 has been a very good year for:
- taking out the trash, er, rebooting some old UFOs that had been languishing in drawers
- dyeing fabric, especially my mother-in-law’s old tablecloths
- winning show ribbons (Please excuse or ignore this self-aggrandizement. I’m now over entering quilt shows.)
- using stash and buying less fabric (please note I wrote “less,” not no fabric)
- actually free motion quilting quilts, as opposed to sample squares. My quilting hovers on the border of terrible and mediocre but I grit my teeth and plow on. You can tell how much I enjoy this activity. My husband suggested I hire a free motion quilting coach.
- completing a planned out work (Mosaic) without deviating from the plan
- completing a totally off-the-cuff work (Pong) that uses about all the art quilt techniques I know. More on these works in another post.
- appreciating how much a community a quilt guild is, and how we members support each other
- taking in a wide variety of local, regional, and national quilt shows. The amount of quilting talent out there is staggering.
- getting closer to finding my quilting style (or styles in my case) The process sure is a lot of fun.
I wish all of you a wonderful 2014. Thanks for reading and commenting.