I’m really good at starting projects, but have been getting lax about finishing them. I have so broken my “no more than 3 unquilted tops allowed” rule. So, I’m pleased that I actually finished up a project, binding and all, this week.
This one started with an assortment of leftover half square triangles of various sizes that I sewed into blocks. I had fun playing with the arrangement and trying to stay with mostly solid fabrics. Then, I pulled out a photo of a wire screen from a vintage Knoll Furniture Company ad and devised a quilting scheme from it. Those clippings do come in handy.
And I got to use up some of the Washi fabric I have tons of on the back. About that Washi – I ordered a yard each in 2 colorways, but somehow I received 2 yards of each. The mysteries of online fabric buying. I didn’t realize what happened until I put the stuff in the washer. Yes, I’m of the pre-washing school. Too late to return it at that stage.